Saturday, January 2, 2010

Blast from the past


I have been having fun converting old slides to digital images. I am going to put them all together on a DVD for my parents. While going through the slides, I came across this one of me, my sister Susan and our dog, Bootsie. I'm the one reading. Things have not changed that much in the past 38 years. I love this picture. It's so me. I wish I knew what book I was reading so intently. It was probably about horses. Maybe Misty of Chincoteague or maybe The Black Stallion. It could have been a book of fairy tales. Whatever it was, I loved it. And I still do today. It makes me sad that some (or most) of my students don't have this love. And I am hopeful that I might eventually instill some of that love of reading in my students.

3 comments:

  1. Love this picture. I was a reader as a child. You'd find me curled up just about anywhere reading just about anything. Why is this lacking in this generation? They curl up with electronics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's the advance of technology. Screen time is on the increase while other past times are on the decline. (Incidentally Meg, this is my first visit. Great use of technology, your blog is.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Katie and thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete